Saturday, September 29, 2007

Some boring history~

This is a scene from The Messengers, a 1999 Japanese movie. I liked this particular quote from the flick, which quantifies what I feel drives many recreational cyclists to go out to ride week in and week out - "When I was very young, a bicycle is the only way to go to faraway places, and is able to go so so fast, it means freedom for a young kid, like as though nothing is impossible. I still feel that way..." This surely is the case for me... I grew up on a little tricycle. I learnt to cycle at the age of 5, and got my first big scar at the age of 7. By 8 I was spending whole afternoons exploring all the nooks and crannies of my neighbourhood, together with my next door neighbours, despite the worries of my mother. After a short break, at 15 I got my first mountain bike, a cheap heavy mass of steel tubes, then first rode at Bukit Timah off-road trail, and had never looked-back ever since... despite all the worries of my mum... ;D

1 comment:

Toh weiming or toh ah ming said...

yoz wexming here,I using that film as my term paper. good to know that u still rem that film...