Thursday, February 07, 2008

Rat welcoming the Rat Year

Sneaked out for the last ride of the year, getting some much-deprived workout before the frenzy of reunion dinner... Great luck in having such fine weather to enjoy my first bike ride in the trails in 3 weeks? The trail had dried out just nice for me to enjoy railing the snaking turns and smoking the downhills on my rikety old girl... Until some stray dogs decided to start the Rat year with some excitement by giving me the Tom-&-Jerry treatment, with me being Jerry! The pack of 4-5 black mongrels decided to race me, and led to me discovering that my best riding skills only manifest in times of need... I had the chance to try going through this tricky, rocky, bumpy, off-chamber down-sloping left-turn kink at full-blast, both front and back wheels sliding aka Initial D... And I survived~! Surely the mutts snapping at my legs right beside me surely helped in this stunt... But come to think of it, it was pretty great fun~

This 3-foot long wild monitor lizard was much friendlier than man's best friends gone wild... It let me get within touching distance to kaypoh it, while it nonchalently got on with searching for tidbits among the leaf litter~

No comments: