Sunday, February 28, 2010

Met Alex on the start of BT trail this Saturday evening. He was a relatively new mountain biker, just about a year in riding, and was excited about his new GT Force bike. I loved the look of his white bike, and went over to chat. Then we headed into the trails together, for my first lap, and his second. I stayed with him on the up-slopes. But try as hard as I could, I totally lost him on the down-slopes! Couldn't even see his dust cloud! Mid-way on the trail, I gave him a pat on his back, and mentioned that he's a really fast rider. Then he replied that it's my bike that's holding me back. His bike has 2 times more suspension travel, while weighing the same as my bike. Then he said my fork was already 9 years old, while my bike frame is 7 years, almost reaching end of "COE" already! What's more my fork and frame has been pounding rocks and roots and potholes over the length of time... it's good time to retire this set of old wheels...


Alex's comments got me thinking again, and yes, I could really enjoy having a new bike... and here's my current dream bike! And nope, it doesn't cost as much as the Universe. Start saving Kel!!
Bike Radar

No comments: