Saturday, August 05, 2006

Me barking....

Was on this SBS bus today.... noticed this China chinese couple sleeping together. Seems like nothing surprising, except that they were sleeping like caterpillers in a cacoon. Specifically, insomiac caterpillers which last slept 5000 years ago.... they looked so terribly ragged and unconcerned about the rest of the world including public etiquette, and this isn't the first time I've noticed how lousy many China chinese, especially the young ladies, look when they sleep on our public mass transport. Surely comparable to our drooling, snoring, legs wide-open uncles.... And it seems to me that they behave(sleep) this way on purpose, seemingly to show 'relax-ness' and 'carefree-ness'.... could be just my own biased thoughts though....

Then, it's my turn to black out. Until I got jolted awake by this bump on the road, and I saw this pair of arms stretched out straight right beside my sleepy head! I almost broke them, thinking that they belonged to a mugger or some bus serial murderer! Till my blurry eyes cleared and saw that they actually belonged to a China girl who is stretching, strangely by threading her arms through the space between the seat and its handle, to the seat in front of her, that's my seat! Irritated by the rude shock, but amused and intrigued at the same time, I couldn't quite continue my sleep after that....

Like my earlier post, they bring some peculiar and previously unfamiliar colour into our lush green island. Like in The New Paper (5 August 2006), the china guy who sat outside Isetan Scotts to seek forgiveness from his girlfriend. This might be the first street 'protest' since the racial riots in 1965.... And I've yet to get sick of being amused with them wearing socks with sandles and slippers or wearing colourful higher-than-knee socks, it just seems so alien to me! And to think that nowadays, schoolkids are even getting away without wearing socks under their school shoes.... heh school-socks become knee-socks to 'no-socks'!

By the Way.... it's Wm_T's birthday today!!!

No comments: