Sunday, June 03, 2007

Cheesy Beefy Midnight

I treat myself to midnight supper after every workday... Tonight it's McDonald's' double cheeseburger. But I'm feeling a little superstitious lately, so I'm not taking this beef burger home to eat in case of offending the resident deity at home. I sank the anchors on my butt on the park bench near my block, to eat under the full moon, stars and cool midnight breeze, with the music of rustling leaves, chirping geckos and serenading crickets. Because of work, I missed out on so many opportunities to meet up with many friends. Because of work, I missed out on doing stuff that I had planned to do. Because of work, I had not eaten anything other than staff meal at Fish & Co. (not always fish & chips ah! We eat rice and chicken~) and the rare McBurger and Old ChangKee currypuff (just meters away from our F & C door~) and instant noodles and bread from home... I miss my pratas. I miss my ba chor mee. I miss chicken rice. I miss....

1 comment:

JOanne said...

hey kel..
been reading ur blog=)
v interesting ah. heh
yeah work stops us from doing alot of things man. right man, one day i m gona go fc visit u! haha~ and take care k my dear fren..