Sunday, May 04, 2008

Marathon Training Day No. 1~

Started my marathon training today, one day ahead of planned schedule, due to utter boredom at home~
Did my usual Sunday mountain bike route, from my place to Bukit Timah Hill, one round of the mountain bike trail, and back home - an estimated 15km including the rough 6.7km forest trail. It was tough enough doing this loop on a bike, now I'm doing it on pure leg-power~
Due to a lack of former preparation - lack of adequate carbo loading and hydration, I only lasted about 3/4 of the run... My way back home was pure torture with chills and goosebumps due to low blood sugar I think... Good thing is I now know that my legs and stamina are in great condition, although my back still couldn't take the rough BT downslopes at any speed above walking pace... Still it was pretty good fun~
At least now I know how to prepare properly before long runs the next time round~!

Nice sunset, beautiful clouds - I only noticed them because I was walking for most of the way home from BT ha~!

No comments: