Monday, May 12, 2008

Never to try again~

On friday, tried running to BT trail from home again, this time in the frying heat of the 3pm afternoon sun, without prior preparation and proper hydration, all because of trying to squeeze in some running training before going out to meet some friends later in the evening... Started badly, bonking within 20 mins of running, getting a bad headache along the way but still pushed on, albeit walking half the time, and later gave up running, opting to walk the BT trail instead of running. Half walked half jogged my way home, and had to fall asleep immediately, after emptying my fridge of all cold water plus half of a 1.5 L bottle of H Two O that I got at the end of my ordeal... Got a bit of a fever that night, coupled with terrible headache... Man I have to be real about my training! Up to now I'm still running as and when I like without any proper water parades like in army or eating properly to match my increased energy requirements... 19 days to SunDown, at least I still know my legs and knees are still looking good to go the distance of at least 20km, much better than the last time I did 21km during army... Will be going for 30km this coming week... Self-induced torture hahas~!

Reading Lance Armstrong's autobiography again, second time already... He used to make the same mistake as me too, going to races without any preparation, and racing without prior planning and strategies... Comforting to know even the 7-time TDF champ made the same mistakes haha~!

Mother's Day dinner at IMM, fish head curry at Red Ginger... Good Good Good~!!

No comments: