Friday, January 04, 2008

Damn Screwed!

Damned screw! Of all times, haunting me on the last few days of December vacation, somemore just when the weather is starting to get better! The screw thread of this crank screw wore off after I tried to tighten it smidgen more on a routine post-ride bike health check. Now my cranks are not secured by anything, rendering my bike unriderable. Now I would have to try to source for a replacement screw, although that is near-impossible... Only feasible choice left would be to get a new crankset, which costs money... Damn the "knnbpcb" designer who proposed using such soft aluminum for a highly-torqued screw!

Most of my spare change in my bank has been used to build up a second bike using Internet-sourced second-hand parts. This second bike would be my choice of transport to school, and on weekends to my ah-ma's place. This "mistress" bike would have to take priority now, since all her parts are more or less gathered and only awaiting assembly... My "wife" bike can only sit in the corner of my room, pushed out of the picture by a missing crank bolt, waiting for the day I have enough money to send her for surgery and resurrection... Damned screw tonite don't think I'll be able to sleep in peace~

No comments: