Friday, September 11, 2009


My happy birthday light drawing to myself!


My birthday drink, at the stroke of midnight. A little something to mark the moment where I sit down, alone, thinking about the past, present, and future. A time to thank the heavens, for letting me reach this point in life, for letting me still be around, for watching over me. Between the alternations of initial intense burning of alcohol in the mouth, and the aftertaste of the bitter citrus peel and slight sweetness of juice and spirit, my thoughts are also alternating between the sweet and the bitter of the past and present. The future, I am sure will still be the same alternating sweet and bitterness. Will I like it? I don't know. But I know I can make cocktails out of it, even if I do not like the taste of it. It will be a total waste if I don't even try. Happy Birthday to you, Kelvin.

No comments: