Sunday, September 06, 2009


Training for our 13 Sept triathlon. Calculated on Google Maps that I covered 36.5km on that on Saturday morning / noon ride! And I was crazily pedalling almost non-stop for an hour! No wonder I was totally KO-ed halfway on my return trip, where I had to slowly drift along on the park connectors under the shade of trees back to my home... Yes I've managed my target 40km/hr speed intended for the triathlon! Somemore, the headwinds expereinced along the 3km dead-arrow-straight Lim Chu Kang Road (the stand-by Air Force landing strip along Tengah Airbase) was hell! I had to shift down to my middle-ring just to continue moving ahead! Managed to stick on the ass of 3 roadies on trick Scotts and Specializeds on part of the road too! They did seem more than a little a little surprised to see I was on a Giant cross-country bike... Guess my Psylo suspension fork alone is already heavier than their frames and wheels combined! =p


Beautiful stretch of road along Choa Chu Kang's Bricklands Road where mushrooms were growing on the roadside grass along the entire 2km road!


Needed to get new cycling tights (my old ones had a hole on my ass area)... also wanted to catch 败犬女王 on TV! Then, to kill time while the guys were in KTV, I went to Fort Canning (my 1st time there!). Such a nice place! I love the greenery, so well-maintained! So many interesting plants too! Coffee tree, cocoa tree, cinnamon, kapok, things that I've seen in books but never in real-life...


Sunset on Fort Canning...


Met the guys for dinner at Molly Malone's (again!).


Went with the 2 Vs to collect our triathlon race packs. At least the t-shirt was ok looking... there were nothing else of worth mentioning inside...


Kel's stick-man in another picture! This time he's caught running away! Maybe he's shy?

No comments: