Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Early Morning Reflections...

10 minutes ago, I was lying on my bed, waiting to get to sleep, and I started thinking... and I switched on the lappy to blog it down...
I was never someone who showed my feelings very explicitly, my family never was either. But I really liked it on those rare occasions where my mum would hold my arms, and sometimes rub while holding. I knew that she liked it too... Just like when I rub her shoulders and legs with medicated oil... And today, while at my grandma's shop, for the 2079th time, someone said I really resembled my mum...
I like it when my grandma would insist on holding my hands when we are crossing the road, even though kids are already starting to call me 'uncle' instead of 'gor gor' whenever I help out at her shop... I knew I'll always be her grandson to her...

I patted off the dust on this teddy bear that is on the shelf right beside my bed. I started counting the years... it has been 18 years since my mum gave me this bear! I still remember that she made me sing the National Anthem before giving it to me hahaha! Yes, it still is beside my bed, like always...

Maybe the elements of the night have gotten to me... maybe it's because of this Japanese drama "One litre of Tears" that I've been watching lately... maybe I need to sleep...

Good Nite~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

elaine:: you are so sweet :) anw ur pic is very nice too :)

~Wonder Wood~ said...

I watched 1L of tears 3x! Touches my heart totally~ Its always gd to do some self-reflection:) i practice that everyday! Anyway, you REALLIE look like your mum! *big tinge of resemblance*

~Wonder Wood~ said...

I watched 1L of tears 3x! Touches my heart totally~ Its always gd to do some self-reflection:) i practice that everyday! Anyway, you REALLIE look like your mum! *big tinge of resemblance*