Monday, June 02, 2008

I've Done my 1st Marathon~!

I've finished my 1st marathon! Went to Changi Village straight after receiving Aw at the airport, but man I was too early, with another 4 hours to burn, alone, before KarLong and Wood came. Luckily before long KarLong came and we lined up on the starting stretch and the airhorn sounded.
My 1st 10km went by pretty quickly and comfortably, the next 10km was tougher but by the 22km mark I was pretty much running/walking on empty... the PowerGel and banana booth at the 25km mark was a godsend. I really hated the overhead bridges, as well as that undulating/dark/narrow stretch along Siglap, and by the 30km mark my body is already experiencing pretty unprecedented levels of pain. Only Fish's songs on my handphone keep me from concentrating on the whines and screaming within my own body... Passed by some nice waterside scenery, some old buildings, and many sporty and pretty ladies beside me at times, overtaking me at times, but could conjure little strength to admire them all hahas! Luckily there were a few pretty road marshalls and motivators along the way who were generous with their bright smiles to lift my leaden spirits =p
It's now done and in the bag, all 5 and 1/2 hours of self-challenge... in fact the bout of heavy rains and strong winds after my cool-down was a big challenge too, as I struggled badly shivering into the main tentage with the warmth provided by the masses of sweaty people packed together...
The train ride from Tanah Merah to Jurong East never seemed shorter, as I was pretty much dead for the journey hahas! As well as being one with my bed for much of my Sunday as well... Now waking up, my knee and ankle joins are also feeling as rusted as those safety pins holding my number bib to my running shorts~! Waiting for my official timings and photos to be posted on the official website~!

1 comment:

~Wonder Wood~ said...

We completed the marathon like finally! I am in lab now.. my calfs, feet, upper arms and back ache quite badly! not forgetting the aloof abrasions! big b00!! However, we conquered 42km! Big yAy! Lets model our red marathon tee during lectures when sch sem starts ya? *winks