Monday, June 09, 2008

My World~

Went with Marcus to Leng Kee Road to test drive the Toyota Vios, and collect the complimentary free movie tickets as part of a radio promotion. Then we went to next door showrooms Porsche and Subaru, where we test drove the new Impreza, and took turns sitting in the Porsche Cayman like deprived kids in a toy warehouse... The reality of life was laid out in all its naked glory... the marked differences in the lives of different individuals, after seemingly made equal when brought to the world... it really made me feel how puny I was as an individual... I really wasn't any comfortable at all despite being surrounded by so many pieces of machinery which I often scour the Internet and magazines for pictures, videos and technical specifications and reviews for to lust and drool over... perhaps the world of expensive fast cars and the accompanying owners and supporting cast, where members work hard to try to belittle all others, is really not where I truly belong...~?

This is probably the world which I truly belong to... I love the camaraderie between fellow cyclists (majority...), I love the friendly atmosphere at bike shops (especially at Bike Labz!), I love the freedom of being on a bicycle... I love squeezing past and irritating car owners stuck in traffic jams... At least I wasn't being looked down on when riding with people on bikes costing 2, 3 or more times more than my own rickety wheels, and age is not discriminated and doctors, engineers and secondary school students from ages 14 to 64 can ride and make jokes and gulp 100-plus together... worlds within worlds, guess this is life, ces't la vie~

1 comment:

sereNe said...

good for u~!
at least u are doing ur part to save the earth... haha...