Saturday, June 07, 2008

My Bike No. 2 is here~!

After months of waiting due to some unforeseen issues, my Bike No. 2 is finally ready! Uncle Ah Chai of Bike Labz has done a great job... it's his first ever singlespeed bike project! Note there are no gear shifters front and back... I thought it would be a pig to ride up any slopes, but not did I not die riding it back from Changi Simei to my home, I did it in 2 hours! The lack of gears seemed only to motivate me to attack the pedals more, my speed on East Coast Park was even fast enough such that a roller blader chose to draft behind me for much of the way! Of course my skinny red 1.25" Panaracer T-Servs helped greatly as well... Uncle Ah Chai, as well as his shop assistant Ryan were pretty surprised by its speed and ease of acceleration when they took it out for test rides, good compliment considering all the other fantastic bikes they see and sell everyday. I especially love my gold-coloured headset and seatclamp... bling bling! Really appreciate the work by Bike Labz that I'm now wearing their t-shirt to help endorse their shop haha~!

No comments: