Sunday, June 28, 2009

Went for dinner with my mum and little sis to this Chinese restaurant, Let's Clap, at the Rail Mall in Bukit Timah. It looks like a simple seafood restaurant, with clean refreshing light colours, bright interior, and a relaxing atmosphere. Just read about it the day before in this free WineTalk magazine, although I forgot clean about it until we reached there. We ordered pretty simple sounding dishes; 3-egg spinach, black pepper venison, fried cod with Thai sauce and a claypot tofu. Man, even these simple dishes brought us some delightful surprises! The sauces for the dishes especially, I found very tasty yet never overpowering. And the cod, so crispy on the outside, even until it got cold, while so fluffy and sweet inside, and retaining the natural juices of the cod. My mum even ate the skin of the cod, something she never does normally. Even the tofu, which led to me and my mum discussing what type of tofu it was. Tasted like egg tofu, but with a level of silkiness we had never tasted before. I loved the spinach too, which was cooked just right to retain the refreshing crunch of the vegetable, while still soaking up the tasty sauces. We loved the tea too, light enough to clear the palette, and fragrant enough to be savoured. Delightful. We'll be back. =)

Went to Sungei Buloh NR this morning. Had wanted to go for a long time, what a craving haha!


Don't really know what Mr Squirrel was doing in this picture... =p

Cute cute Mr Squirrel! Someone was walking behind me and startled him... He was my buddy for the afternoon, really let me get so close to him, a really sweet squirrel.

Mr Mud Lobster's roomie, Mr Crabby suntanning on his penthouse rooftop... He's the only one who didn't owe Huimin any money, because all the other crabs would scatter into their holes as soon as she got anywhere near!!

A Sea Hibiscus.

Dried Sea Hibiscus, still so pretty.

The place is writhing with water monitors huge and small! This is my buddy for the morning, Mr KhaKha, because he left his tail on an ant nest while I was taking photos of him, and he was trying not to move in my presence, while shaking his tail to get rid of the ants! So funny!

Hiking is not for everyone. Some talk and sing so loudly all the birds and cicadas go silent. Some tread so heavily that all crabs and animals within a kilometer scramble into their earthquake shelters. And not everyone are accustomed to the heat and walking. For example this pair of feet. =p

1 comment:

蝴蝶 said...

wei... wei.. wei...
You really think i cant hiking?? I walk the whole Pulua Ubi with my No.11 okay...

Somemore, I'm weak due to some reason.. need to eat medicine de person i didnt see i have energy for now..

Wait i recover then you will know.. Long & short Distance runner o~