Saturday, August 22, 2009

Feeling quite lazy on this Saturday afternoon. Too lazy to even get hyped up enough for my bike ride. So I just grabbed my camera, my Camelbak sans bike tools inside, and took the bus to Bukit Timah. The same bus which I'll take to work if I'm going to Rifle Range office. So quite funny, that I've been going to BT like so often in the past decade, but I've only been there to bike on the mountain bike trails, and I've never been on the hiking trail since 1993! And I don't recall the slopes and steps to be as steep, the trail to be as rough, and the scenery to be as beautiful. Especially in the golden evening sun. Was so excited when I saw a snake too! I think it was a chequered keelback... much like the striped keelback which Lee KW caught for me during army... Wanted to take pictures of it, but I was a bit too far, and I didn't dare move in case I scare it off... haiz... but I was so happy to see it! I saw a fish in the stream too, looked like some type of loach or catfish during the fleeting moment... But it is still our proud local indigenous S'pore wildlife! Until I have to practically run out as I ventured too deep into the trail, and with the sun setting rapidly... So tiring... But it was so fun! Will definitely be back soon! And I'll learn to be less 'scared' of using ISO, half of my pics turned out blurred on the computer!


My first attempt at using multiple bracketed exposures, merging 3 images into a HDR image.

I love this picture. I thought it looked like a mystical bridge leading into some dark enchanted world ahead... =p


All the stair climbing... the Vertical Marathon should be held here instead!


Nice, until the sun started to disappear below the tree-line, and the place started getting dark...


Only decided to venture into the Rock Trail at 6.30pm, when I was on my way out walking on the Main trail. But I thought I had time and daylight left... bad decision! Met this wall of rock about halfway on the trail, and it was getting seriously dark. And this trail is especially creepy, with badly overgrown vines, met this strange uncle and aunty meditating on rocks mid-way through the trail, got hissed by a troupe of monkeys, and I was running through the trail, stumbling over rocks everywhere! Too late to turn back, I climbed the wall of rock. It looked steep, but it surely is climbable. And it was so cool, even got to use the vine like Tarzan to climb up! Then, I had to get real again, and continue running out of the trail.

No comments: