Saturday, August 15, 2009

We used to love the mention of 'Cat 1' weather during the army. It was a real god-send on those IPPT, SOC or 'Life Run' mornings. So I was thinking about this when I was rather pissed when the lifeguards whistled for us to get out of the pool, 45mins into my swim at the pool opposite my place. What a turn-off to pay to be sitting under a roof, under a fan, shivering in the cold wind, with pesky kids running all around me. Until I got up, walked to the canteen and got myself a nice steaming cup of milk tea. Then I realised what a nice afternoon it was too. Wrapped in my warm towel, grasping a warm styrofoam cup, sipping hot sweet tea, watching the pitter-patter of the pool water, watching the kids having fun even with their swimming class halted, with no schedules to catch. And yes,the skies did clear up nicely just as I emptied my cup of tea. And the pool water was so comforting after the rain. Nice. =D

No comments: