Monday, August 03, 2009

Saw this article on Straits Times Online (Syu Ying Kwok, Article)

Syu quoted "If you marry Mr or Miss Right for yourself, then you are very wrong. Marriage is not about finding the right partner (especially not one that fits your 'profile'), it is about giving unconditional love to someone you hold dear, and celebrating it when the love and commitment are mutual. Sadly, many men and women pick and choose the right partner as if it was a home or a car. Even worse, some spend more time and effort choosing a home or a car..."

Kel's seriously confused. While I do believe that the person that I'll love in the future may not be my Miss Perfect, but shouldn't I be entitled to choose someone whom I'll be comfortable living with for the rest of our lives, and ditto for her? Doesn't that mean matching with that someone who is comfortable with who I am, what I like and what I'll be, which constitutes my 'profile'?

I should go back to work... blogging while in office... GG... =p

No comments: