Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tagged along with my aunt and the Nature Photographic Society to Sungei Buloh for shooting today. They have really good equipment! Like their tripods alone are worth as much as my camera! Some of them are really good too, especially the young man, sort of the teacher of the group, a really experienced and confident nature photog. Although I drifted away from them along the way, as I kept on walking just to keep mosquitoes away from me! Yes, I was pretty much sucked dry by mosquitoes today! Their Depavali breakfast buffet! Till the point I gave up shooting many pictures, and many pictures were blurred, because I was swatting mosquitoes! And the sound of mosquitoes in my ears almost was as loud as the singing of birds and cicadas! Super duper scary!


Saw my first ever wild Oriental Whip Snake today! So so so excited! Found it in the trees while I was looking at a grasshopper... then I saw a pair of eyes also looking at me! I was so excited that when it was climbing away and up the tree, I reached out and grabbed its tail and tried to emulate Steve Irwin and pull it down again with my tripod's legs! But I couldn't see its head, and the snake is mildly-venomous and could strike at me any time, so I decided to play safe and let it go on its way...


What a beautiful snake...


A shed cicada nymph moult, glistening in the sunlight. This guy has been living underground for years, before coming up to moult, and then sing his song and hopefully have some babies, before he dies in a few weeks time... wish him all the best!


Good morning Mr Monitor Lizard! Still a bit blur-blur, and shocked to find so many cameras clicking away at him so early in the morning...


Another one sun-tanning...


Saw three preying mantises today! I love them too! I used to keep a couple as pets during my primary school days, and I love to see them eating mealworms! Although their strike can be very painful and draw blood too...


Saw quite a lot of mudskippers today... Huge ones too! They were always fighting, making huge splashes so indiscretely...

As usual, there were many, many crabs!

No comments: