Friday, July 31, 2009

Just finished my 3rd In-camp reservist... just a very short 4 days, pretty less tiring than in the past, partly because I've been used to waking up just as early in the mornings for work everyday! This kept coming up in my thoughts... should I downgrade or not? I'm pretty worried that I'll be sent out of this unit, and not be able to stay with this great bunch of guys... I'll miss the chance of driving a 28 ton steel box around... I've been feeling great recently, being able to run and jump and walk and do pretty much whatever just as before. But every once in awhile, a numb pain will act up right at my right hip area to remind me of the weakened structure within. And my heart will literally stop whenever my back sounds off a crack from some bone joint. And I'll think twice, thrice, before I jump anywhere higher than 3-4 inches. My unit MO says I could downgrade to Pes C2L2, and still be fit for frontline duties, except I will never need to do situps ever again. But I'll never get money from IPPT ever again too, which sounds bad to me. And if so, I'll never be able to carry 155mm rounds ever too, which will make me a burden if we were to go live-firing. Thoughts... thoughts...

Our range went like stink. My rifle was a complete piece of junk. It jammed every few rounds, and I'm now pretty damn proficient in rectifying all the M16 IA drills now, having more IAs in one range shoot than some people in their whole lives! My night shooting is crap too, can only hit the big targets... at least we got to have an unlimited flow of keropok during our range... I've never eaten from a garbage bag half filled with keropok! So oily, so salty, but so nice, especially when so damn bored...

Convo was quite good, probably my last chance to meet many of the MSE peoples ever... starting to miss some of the days in school... gave up eating the brilliant buffet to try to meet up as many of the people there as possible, especially when I have to get back to camp later in the evening... took so many taxi rides! What a big transport expenditure for this month!

No comments: