Sunday, December 21, 2008


This Sunday morning's weather was again perfect, and I geared up for another day's worth of epic trail biking. But I didn't make it any further than 500m from home; my crank fell off while riding on the road. Luckily I managed to control the bike and roll to the side of the road. It had poked a black greasy bloody hole into my right calf, and I didn't bring my big allen key out with me so I had to push my Giant home to fix it. Which I couldn't, somehow, the crank just couldn't fit in and the crank bolt couldn't screw in properly either, for whatever reasons. Hammering the crank didn't help it into position either. Now I couldn't guarantee any safety if I did fit it in too, after the experience of the crank falling off while cranking on the road... Years and years and years (7 years) of wear and tear from hammering on the trails has really taken its toll; my bike's literally falling apart, my riding clothes have holes in them, my gloves have holes in them... Guess there's no more trail riding for me in a while... I want to quickly graduate and go out to work! I want to make money! I want a new trail bike! I need new riding gear! Guess I have to make do with my GT roadie bike and riding on roads only for now~

No comments: