Sunday, December 14, 2008

Was taking pictures on my balcony today. Because my Nephenthes x. Hookeriana has just grown a new pitcher! And it's huge haha! She's been through some tough times during the hot and dry last couple of months, which had also coincided with my exams, leaving me with inadequate time to really baby it through those tough times... But it's all over! =D






Doesn't her pitcher's rim resemble Sir Raffles's collar? =p


This is my Nephenthes Amplullaria; she's really happy nowadays, with many many little pitchers and growing so quickly that my mum is starting to think of her as a weed hahaha!


My little but fast growing papaya tree!


My Asplenum Nidus (Bird's Nest Fern); 10 years ago, I plucked her home from the roadside while she was still barely the size of my thumbnail... Now, she's the queen and main focal point of my balcony garden =D


This messy tangle of hairy green stems are actually my red Dragon Fruit babies =D

Yay~! I've finished watching <<翻滾吧!蛋炒飯>>! I don't really know why, but I really do seem to be especially attracted to this one serial, and get really touched by it, going by my usual dismissal of similar Taiwanese idol serials... But one thing I noticed about this serial is that it is not as idealistic and dreamy as other idol serials; the cars in the show are 'only' a Mini convertible, a VW Beetle convertible, and Mi Chi Lin's rusty old 1970s Honda CB750, no tire screeching sounds whenever a car is moving off, no dreamy palace for the lead actors... Maybe this is one of the reasons? Hahas... Leng Lie was rich, handsome, talented, cultured, did everything he could for the girl plus more than that, but was too serious, too boring and too quiet, and he ended up lonely in the end... Fate, Life, and the Heavens can be and are so cruel, haiz Ces't la Vie...~

No comments: