Sunday, July 06, 2008

Journey to the South~

Went to the Southern Ridges park connectors on this Sunday afternoon, my first time there. Went on impulse, minutes after leaving home on my bike, and promptly got lost trying to find the entrance to the parks... Got to Mt. Faber, couldn't find any entrance, then cycled back to Alexandra, where I finally found HortPark and the high metal treetop bridge opposite it... And walked the trails to Mt. Faber, and then I cycled back to HortPark, where I walked the trails to Kent Ridge, and ended the day with a nice warm hilltop sunset... Being a good boy and the friendly and responsible cyclist that I am, I dismounted and pushed my bike for the whole journey. Nice tall bridges, I love the wind~! Nice hilltop scenery too, where I stopped to do little bike fixes and have that pineapple tart that I had brought along as a mid-ride snack... Happy! Because I conquered so many steep uphill climbs and tight switchbacks (Mt. Faber, Telok Blangah Hill Park, Kent Ridge) on my single-speed bike! I have legs of steel wahaha~! I love the downhill on Faber too! So many tight hairpin turns, and so steep and fast I actually got to overtake a motorcycle along the way wahaha~!

Many many bridges? No... actually only one zig-zagging bridge~

Spotted 2 Nephenthes Rafflesiana plants high in the trees... These are pitcher plants named after Stanford Raffles. Nobody seemed to be able to spot them despite the signage placed right beside one of the plants. I was in a good mood, and helped a China aunty uncle couple spot this plant, and explained a little to them what this plant was... Haiz I shouldn't had tried to be an engineer... Nature is where I belong truly... My handphone's camera (SE K770i) stinks as compared to my old one (SE W800i) despite having a higher megapixel count... The colours are so dull, and the focus is so bad, and worse of all, no zoom while in 3MP mode! Ponying up for a real camera real soon hehehehe~

Sunset on Kent Ridge Park hilltop, to cap off my journey of the South~

Strange pineapple? A cute cycad plant at HortPark~

I didn't know hydrangeas actually smell so sweet! I had walked past them, until their perfume drew me to backtrack my steps to admire and smell them~

Yeah I got your names again ChaiChing and Ester! Sorry, I stink at remembering people's names hahahas~!

Lastly, Hamilton won yet another wet race! He's the new RainMaster after Michael Shumacher! And he won the race lapping everybody except the 2nd and 3rd placed cars! You rock handsum botak boy~!

1 comment:

Yollev said...

haha yeah, me caiqing, but she is not ester! haha. Ya nee!