Monday, July 28, 2008

My cycling weekend~

Took to the trails on Sunday, had great riding, apart from my mistake of pumping my tires maybe a little too hard and making for some back-breaking, teeth-chattering moments on some downhills... Thought the trail would be damper than what it turned out to be... Totally tiring~ I've been cycling everyday for the past 3 days! Went to Labrador Park on Saturday evening hoping to see the Air Force rehearsing for NDP, but turned out to be a no-show, probably due to low rain clouds over the area... Then cycled to Bt Panjang today to help Mas collect his lost staff pass... Had great fun switching between my two bikes! One for the mud and rocks of the forest trails, one for the smooth roads! Saw this beautiful clump of Nepenthes Ampullaria pitcher plant on the trails near Lower Pierce reservior, I love the beautiful wine-red mouths of the pitchers~! Totally unlike the all green pitchers of my plant at home... My very own National Geographic moment along a short 10m muddy stretch along the trail, where 3-4 different species of local pitcher plants can be found growing alongside each other! If only the stray dogs in the area were friendlier...~

No comments: